School for Policy Analysis NaUKMA will hold an online roundtable “What Should the World Do with Russia?” on 15 February 2023, 17:00-18:30 Kyiv time.
As we are nearing the end of the first year of an active warfare since the full-scale invasion of Ukraine by Russia on the 24th of February 2022, the discussions of possible scenarios for the end of war and future world-order are gaining their momentum. These last 11 months drastically changed our world, lives, and politics, and made it possible to openly discuss and consider issues and topics that were unspoken or outright tabooed before. One of such topics – a figurative ‘elephant in the room’ – is the future of Russia and future relations with Russia. What are the possible models and scenarios for Russia after the end of the war or an armistice? What the ‘World’ should do with Russia? And is there a linkage between the possible scenarios of the end of the war and the visions and models of Russia’s future?
Topics for discussion:
- What are the possible models and scenarios for Russia after the end of the war or an armistice?
- Is there already a vision in the EU/your country/the West of relations with Russia and Russia’s state and role after the end of war?
- What should the ‘World’ should do with Russia? (your expert opinion)
- Is there a linkage between the possible scenarios of the end of the war and the visions and models of Russia’s future?
- Is the democratization of Russia a prerequisite for a stable and secure future of the region?
- Is Russia’s decentralization necessary/inevitable?
We will discuss these questions with leading international experts from the EU, UK, North America, and Ukraine.
- Riccardo Alcaro – Head of the Global Actors Programme, Istituto Affari Internazionali (Italy)
- Steven Blockmans – Director of Research, Centre for European Policy Studies (Belgium)
- Andrea Gawrich – Professor for International Integration; Justus Liebig University Gissen (Germany)
- Oleksandr Kraiev – Director of the North America Program, Foreign Policy Council “Ukrainian Prism” (Ukraine)
- Anna Osypchuk – Director for Research, School for Policy Analysis NaUKMA (Ukraine)
- Andreas Umland – Analyst, Stockholm Centre for Eastern European Studies (Sweden)
Moderator: Maksym Yakovlyev – Director, School for Policy Analysis NaUKMA (Ukraine)
Link for registration- https://forms.gle/i29cVE1FVgYuR4d39